Because I haven’t posted in a while, and because I’m saving all my mental powers (yes, you read that right, I have mental powers) for SBL in a few days, I thought I’d give the fifteen shuffled songs meme a shot. I came across this on Jason’s blog, though it was apparently started by Doug Chaplin. I fully expect to be embarrassed and mocked for what comes up, but why not? (N.B. – I am here submitting two lists, one from my phone–which is what I listen to most often–and the other from my computer, which I seldom listen to).
Here are the rules:
1) Turn on your MP3 player or music player on your computer.
2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode.
3) Write down the first 15 songs that come up–song title and artist–NO editing/cheating, please.
And here’s what came up for me.
List from my phone:
1. Natasha Beddingfield – Pocketful of Sunshine
2. Rascal Flatts – This Everyday Love
3. David Cook – I Did it for You
4. Rent (movie version) cast – Seasons of Love
5. Colbie Caillat – Falling For You
6. Keith Urban – Kiss a Girl
7. Tom Jones – It’s Not Unusual
8. Billy Ray Cyrus – In the Heart of a Woman
9. Michael Jackson – The Way You Make Me Feel
10. Daughtry – It’s Not Over
11. Kenny Loggins – Footloose
12. Wrestling theme – nWo (New World Order)
13. Cascada – Evacuate the Dance Floor
14. Spacehog – In the Meantime
15. Rob Thomas – Her Diamonds
And just because it made me laugh (and I love the song), #16 is . . .
Hanson – Where’s the Love
List from my computer:
1. Ozzy Osbourne – See You on the Other Side
2. Reba McEntire – Fancy
3. Backstret Boys – It’s Gotta Be You
4. Leann Rimes – But I Do Love You (from Coyote Ugly soundtrack)
5. Neal McCoy – The Shake
6. Billy Joel – River of Dreams
7. Crazy Town – Butterfly
8. Wrestling theme song – Hulk Hogan (Real American)
9. Billy Joel – This is the Time
10. Chris Tomlin – Unchanging
11. Christina Aguilera – What a Girl Wants
12. Billy Joel – Ballad of Billy the Kid
13. Black Eyed Peas – Boom Boom Pow
14. Montgomery Gentry – Lonely and Gone
15. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – Fishin’ in the Dark